5 Things You Should Know Before You Hire
Any Pool or Spa Service Company
So you have finally decided to hire a pool service company to clean and maintain your pool. This is actually one of the best decisions you can make as a pool owner. A good pool or spa service company will save you money on pool maintenance in the long run and more importantly it will free up your time!!
It can be a little confusing to separate a true swimming pool professional from the rest of the not so professional pool or spa service companies. Here are a few things you should know and consider before hiring one.
- Do they have a license to do business, a contractor’s license? If a company does not have a license. DON’T LET THEM IN YOUR BACK YARD!! This won’t weed out too many companies you will find on Google, but you must verify that they have the license.
- Do they have insurance? If a pool service company does not have insurance, keep looking! Also verify the coverage is current.
- Customer service. Did they answer the phone? And do they show up on time? Customer service should be a priority, if it’s not, keep looking.
- Do they look professional? Do they answer all of your questions? Do they have longevity in the business?
- Cost is the last consideration. There is always cost vs. value. A lower monthly cost may not save you money in the long run. They may not include algaecides, or backwashing, things that other pool companies may include. Little charges here and there may end up costing you more than you think.
Now you are ready to go out and find a pool service company. Don’t forget to ask your friends and family for referrals. And don’t forget about the 5 things.
Find a Swimming Pool or Spa Service Company in Your Area Select Your City